Town Hall will be closed on Monday, December 24 and Tuesday, December 25 in observance of the Christmas Holiday. Trash and Recycling collection will be on a one-day delay beginning Wednesday, December 26 through Friday, December 28.
Planning & Zoning
The mission of the Planning Department is to assist elected and appointed town officials in their efforts to achieve the highest quality of life for current and future residents. We do this by maintaining and improving the town's appearance and livability by guiding growth and development so that the essential character of the town is preserved.
Contact the Town Planner
The goal is to achieve this by:
- Promoting orderly growth and development.
- Encouraging and supporting long-range planning.
- Promoting land use regulations that encourage the "best possible use" of our land resources.
- Enforcement of our development and land use regulations.
- Providing technical support to Town Council, Planning Board and Zoning Board of Adjustment.
Code Enforcement Officer: Amy Lanier, Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Inspections Department - (336) 727-8000.