Board and Committee Vacancies Announced!
The Town of Lewisville is accepting applications for membership on the Planning Board and the Utilities Committee. For more information, keep reading the information below.
One (1) seat is open for the Lewisville Planning Board.
The Planning Board is a volunteer board consisting of seven members and is an advisory board to the Town Council. The Planning Board makes recommendations to the Town Council on rezoning cases, major subdivisions, and text amendments to the Unified Development Ordinance. The Planning and Zoning Board does not make final decisions; they are an advisory board whose purpose is to make recommendations to the Town Council regarding land use decisions.
The regular meeting of the Planning Board is the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7 p.m. in the Council Chambers in Town Hall. There is a work session on the 4th Wednesday of the month at Town Hall in the second floor conference room, also at 7 p.m. If there are no hearings for the first meeting of the month, the Board meets on the second floor conference room.
Two (2) seats are open for the Lewisville Utilities Committee.The Committee shall be an advisory committee to the Town Council.
- To recommend principles and policies to fairly guide water and/or sewer utility infrastructure extensions;
- To advise and report on water and wastewater services provided or proposed to be provided to residential and non-residential customers as well as water and wastewater utility projects with which the Town of Lewisville may become involved;
- To request through the Council special studies that will assist in making recommendations to the Council;
- To assist in the education of the general public on these service provision changes.
- To engage in special projects as specifically directed by Town Council.
Click here for additional information.